Become a Volunteer as:
Support staff volunteers work in a variety of positions that ensure clinic operations run smoothly. As key members of the clinic team, support staff volunteers are needed in many areas of the clinic. Listed below are some of the most needed positions.
Bilingual English/Spanish Support Staff Volunteers with good communication skills and excellent attention to detail serve in the following areas:
- Patient Registration — this position is responsible for interviewing new patients and completing eligibility applications.
- Telephone/Reception — this position is responsible for answering telephones and providing information to callers.
- Office Support — this position will primarily work with clinic staff in obtaining reports for the healthcare providers, doing computer work and assisting with other non-direct patient related support services. Good knowledge of computer use and familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Visit St. John Bosco Clinic for an in-person interview and tour.
- Complete the Volunteer Application including 2 reference forms and background screening.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred). Ability to fluently communicate in Spanish is highly beneficial as most patients are primary Spanish speakers.
- Flexibility in accepting varying assignments.
- Minimum of 100 hour commitment.
- Court-ordered community service is not accepted.
- Demonstrate non-judgmental, inclusive, compassionate and welcoming attitude
For more information or to schedule a visit to the clinic and learn more about volunteering opportunities please contact 305-635-1335. Completed applications may be submitted in person or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 305-635-2859.